Applications Architect – Internet of Things (IoT)
Bring your passion to transform how enterprises develop and deploy next-generation cloud apps and services that exploit Internet of Things! Billions of devices are expected to be inter-connected to deliver unprecedented data into various operations, processes, and systems. The challenge is acquiring, managing, and scaling the data, and translating it into actionable insights. The convergence of mobile, content, and cloud is redefining these apps and how enterprises use them.
Join us and be a part of this exciting journey!
As an architect, your initial focus will be engaging with customers in verticals such as industrial automation, utilities, healthcare, and transportation, understanding their requirements, and rapidly developing a proof of concept of the Cognito Solution, which will become the basis for an MVP (minimum viable product).
- Provide vision, leadership, and direction for Cognito solution and manage the day-to-day execution of the development/release plan.
- Engage with key customers and reflect their product and system level requirements of hardware, software, and third party integration into the Cognito architecture.
- Pragmatically address the IoT challenges by exploiting mobile and cloud architectures. Develop a compelling solution road map.
- Identify and prioritize integration of key third party components to enhance the value of the overall solution
- Must have an engineering or computer science degree, and have taken several products from concept to customer deployments and business success.
- Have 6 years experience in enterprise application software, networking infrastructure, or cloud services management.
- Experience building open application platform that abstracts networking at the lower levels and delivers insights to application developers.
- Extensive knowledge of web services and frameworks, Python, Java Script, Java, HTML, and related technologies.
- Be willing to take on the hard challenges. In phases, our solution integrates networking, cloud architectures, and smart analytics that will scale to millions of IoT elements.
- Have the ability to understand our product at a very technical level, but also understand and communicate the customer/business benefits of each feature we build and use cases we support.
- Be process oriented but apply sound judgment. For example, we will adopt agile methods for software lifecycle, but keep the phases grounded in a broader product vision and road map.
- Previous experience working with sensor networks and SCADA systems a big plus.
- A love for gadgets and connecting them to make our lives better is critical to our success!