Technical Sales Engineer – Cognito Networks, Bangalore, India
Cognito Networks is currently looking for a Presales Engineer based in Bangalore, India. In this customer-facing role, the right candidate has a blend of technical and business skills to position Cognito’s IoT solutions and help secure deals. Working closely with sales, you are responsible for all of the technical aspects during the entire sales cycle and are often involved with supporting the customer post purchase.
You will collaborate with account teams and actively engage in customer and partner meetings to understand the customer problems and how to solve them. You will deliver compelling product presentations and demonstrations that showcase and differentiate Cognito solutions.
You will assist in qualifying customer opportunities, confirm that solution meets the customer requirements, and develop proposals and RFP responses. You will understand our key differentiators, influence customer’s technical requirements, and position products relative to competition.
Travel requirement of up to 50% of the year.
- Define product functional requirements based on customer needs and document specific configuration requirements
- Conduct in-depth Cognito’s technical product demonstrations and presentations
- Implement pilot and proof of concept installations
- Provide presales technical knowledge in meetings
- Responsible for RFP technical responses
- Support trade shows and exhibitions for Cognito’s demonstrations
- Develop strong relationships with Cognito’s customers and technology partners
- Work with Milestone Technical Support during transition from pre-sales to post-sales implementation
- Provide technical feedback to the Cognito’s Product Management team to drive continuous improvement and provide superior customer experience
- 3+ years sales engineering or customer-facing experience in IT & networking discipline.
- Hands-on implementation experience of LAN/WAN is preferred.
- Good technical knowledge of cloud solutions.
- Familiar with IoT applications & solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of networking principles and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Working knowledge of Serial communication (Modbus or RS485), Bluetooth, Zigbee & other related protocols.
- Hands-on experience with WiFi networking & 4G dongle set up.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical / engineering discipline or equivalent experience
IT certifications such as MCSE, or CCNA a plus